Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: A year to be trumped and treasured


I'm updating my blog more for the writing purpose than the artistic one. However I am going to add a work of art I have yet to put in my blog, it's on my facebook but why not throw it in here as well? Plus it was one of my favorite pictures I accomplished this year. Well, as we bring in the new year in a little over 15 hours, I have a lot to say about this year. It's been a year of struggle, pain, life lessons, loss, and triumph. This past year has tested me more than any year so far and probably most of the years to come. But I say in great confidence that I am glad I made it through, with a few minor scratches. It's amazing that over a period of 365 days I've learned so much about myself, my family, my friends/those who I had to let go of as friends, the world, and life in general. I've learned when things seem at their lowest, DON'T ever say "it can't get any worse" because I, better than anyone know it really can get worse. But it also can get better. I traveled this year, which I am thankful to have family and friends that do not mind my 'free loading' habits haha. I gave up a lot this year, mainly on myself and others but with a little help from my amazing family I was able to contain my composure and get right back up. I have made many mistakes, that I now see as lessons learned. I lost yet another person I truly cared about to the tragic and overwhelming battle of cancer, Lindsay Rose Fulton you will always remain in my thoughts and mostly, in my heart. What a year 2009 has been, But I leave this year a stronger, smarter, better person. I accept 2009 as the past and the past it shall stay. I look forward to 2010 with hope, faith, and renewal. So Happy New Years Eve to all that read this, and I thank those who have made such a huge impact on this year...whether it be good or bad, you all have really helped me to find myself and figure out what it truly means to LIVE. That being said, Lets have a fucking blast this year; 2010: NEW YEAR, NEW ART. I will be submitting new art daily, because most importantly, i've found my talent, a talent that truly makes me happy. I hope this wasn't tooooo cheesy and heart-felt. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. life throws you curve balls. each year we grow and things happen and we learn and we lose and we make mistakes, but it's all apart of this never ending race track we call life. 2010 is going to be boss nasty hahahahahahaha, but for real. i'm looking forward to roaring through twenty ten with you by my side...making art...being buddistish...and changing our lives. here's to you. here's to art. here's to the friggin new year.

    ReplyDelete

Shelby Kirchoff