Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To the South we drive.


So this weekend I was fortunate enough to be invited on a road trip to, what started off, just New Orleans till Monday. Well not too long after making it to Louisiana, this 17 hour road trip to New Orleans turned into a five day road trip across nine different states. When I say we, I mean my friends Cassie, Kiki, Ashley, and myself...of course. I will say, we had the time of our lives. First went straight to Louisiana, hung out, got dinner at a lovely little place with perfect burgers. Then the next day we checked out New Orleans, and it was amazing. The architecture was beautiful, almost perfect. It's like a hurricane never even touched the city in some parts, other areas not being as lucky.
After visiting New Orleans, the plan was either, go to Virginia Beach or Texas. We chose Texas, so we headed the 8 hours to Denton/Dallas and hung out with some of our friends/ Kiki's Boyfriend. Even though Texas was colder, if not as cold as Michigan, it was ten times better. The stars were so perfectly illuminated, probably the most stars I've ever seen in my life. But anyways, the next day we hung out in Dallas for a bit, went to a Beef Jerky store where Kiki and I almost died trying salsa, Cassie and I tried kangaroo jerky, and I ate a scorpion sucker.
Then we were on the road again, made a lonnng drive from Texas to Nashville, where we stayed the night in the creepiest Knight's Inn I have ever seen. The next day we left Nashville and drove straight home except for the stop in Kentucky for an antique mall that was pretty gnarly. Basically, I spent five days on the road, stayin' in good/creepy hotel rooms, with four of my closest friends, visited a few people we knew, ate tons of delicious southern food, took a picture next to almost ever state sign....this weekend was perfect, and well worth it.
I have yet to sleep since I've gotten home, I think it's just cause I'm overwhelmed by a lot of things. I am sad the adventure is over because everyday it was something new and fresh, but mostly nothing was holding us back from going wherever we pleased.
To wrap this all up, I have the best friends a person could ever ask for and am so thankful for that. I had a blast, thanks guys you really rule more than you will ever know. This trip made me like and dislike being a Michigander a great deal.


PS: I cannot wait to go on another road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelby Kirchoff