Thursday, February 4, 2010

My throbbing torment...


Comes in the form of my wisdom tooth. Earlier in the week, I noticed my wisdom tooth on the left side growing in, a day or two later I was at a 8.5-10 on the pain scale. Today my amazing father took me to my dentist's emergency room and surely enough, they removed the one wisdom tooth. I am in more pain than I have ever been, and I have had a lot of dental work done in my life, but nothing has hurt as much as the after effects of wisdom tooth extraction. For once, I am glad to not get everything done at once, if both teeth would've been removed I don't know how I'd handle myself. Thankfully I have only two wisdom teeth, so I will only have to go through this pain once more, and I will honestly wait until it grows completely in.
Normally I handle pain pretty well, I am by no means a cry baby, but somehow this pain has got me crying even thinking about dry sockets and complications. Today is my hell, my own version of torture. I am miserable, and I am also realizing I need to spend more time at home. I need more days like today, where I don't go out, I just enjoy time to myself.
OH, on another note, since I'm rambling on, always...Someone today told me that going to school for art makes you an idiot and is the equivalent of going no where in your life. Well clearly this person has never put their time and ideas into creating anything artistically...what a shame. This got me to realizing, not that I am going no where, because I know this to be extremely fictitious. I realized that the people who don't care for art, or don't understand it, or appreciate it, those people have no imagination, no passion, and no place in my life. So I'm gonna take another vicodin for this pain, and raise my bottle of water; to all the artists out there of all kinds, medias, methods, etc that were ever told they'd go no where because an artistic career is not a practical career. Keep on keepin' on brothaz-n-sistaz, we will change the world. I hope everyone has a good weekend, considering I won't.
PS: This is a picture of my bloody gauze that I have been using as a way to stop the bleeding....clearly it's not working:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelby Kirchoff