Friday, January 15, 2010

All the words of my mind...


So lately I have been meaning to draw for a night and get some more art on here. HOWEVER, I have been lacking creative motivation. It is so unfortunate, if you've ever experienced, I know you can agree. So last night after I spent some time in Ann Arbor I felt that maybe the motivation would come back to me. Sorry to say, it did not. Then at about 5AM I realized, it's got nothing to do with a feeling or anything of the sort, you have to push yourself, no one or thing or person is going to get the motivation going for you. So I just wrote in different fonts, and stuff to get my creativity on a page, everything I felt or thought I put on this paper, and it all intertwines in an odd way, which I did on purpose. Because art is a lot like life, everything and everyone intertwines in an odd way everyday. I have a lot on my mind, things about my future. Things about my friends and if some of them are truly worth the stress they cause to my life and my mind. And about life in general and how to stay positive even when all I wanna do is scream and yell at people and tell them what fools they are. Instead of yelling and releasing my anger which will only make any matter worse, I'm just gonna write out everything I'm thinking and feeling in different ways now. Because I just don't wanna be an angry person towards others anymore, that ship has long set sail. OH and I wanna say Congrats to my sister for getting some of her Robots into a Drawger show. I hope today is a good day, for myself and for all that stumble across my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Shelby, this is great. seriously. i feel like drawing letters is a great way to get the art going. also, i was just talking to Chels the other day about how art is a lot like life. I am really excited for your art. don't stop!

    also, i'm glad we're such good friends, but. we should hang out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vince. I'm glad to have people like you and Chels who constantly support and encourage me. I agree I'm glad we're friends and we should all hangout sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yeah. ORIGINAL IDEAS AND CONCEPTS <3

    ReplyDelete

Shelby Kirchoff