Friday, January 29, 2010

Y....O...U, Love you.


I was inspired to make this entry thanks to a dear friend of mine, whom I have known since 7th grade. She is one of the nicest, brightest, beautiful people I have ever met. However, ever since I have known her she has put herself in awful relationships, almost as though she is compromising her happiness because she'd rather be in a relationship and miserable than alone and miserable. Her boyfriend now, seemed like a "great guy" but she found out he doesn't even tell other girls he has a girlfriend, and makes plans with other girls and does things he won't even take my friend, his girlfriend to do. Now, any normal person looking at this situation from a far can easily tell, this is a big RED FLAG.
I know I know, you're sitting there reading this thinking; "I don't care about your friends relationship issues", but I promise there is a point. I have met soooooooo many women and young ladies, of all ages, sizes, races, etc. that put themselves in relationships that they aren't happy with and in turn end in them being sorry and sad. Why? Why do girls do this to themselves? I guess as my friend said, she isn't a strong person. But see, all of you out there ARE strong, you're all strong enough to know what you want and not settle for ANYTHING less than that. You shouldn't have to settle, you shouldn't have to be the statistic.
If you didn't already know this, most men are dogs. They only care about themselves and their 'mini me', now I say most because there are the few diamonds in the rough that really do mean what they say and say what they mean, but it's a small percentage. As girls, we are emotional and vulnerable more than we are not. That's all well and good, but when you find out the boy you're madly all about is using you, stop acting shocked like you didn't see it coming. Our problem is, like my friend, we'd rather compromise than hold it out for what we truly deserve. You shouldn't though, because as empty as you feel without a boyfriend or a boy around at all, you're going to feel a lot more empty when you put your all into something that was never there in the first place. So ladies everywhere, stop, please just stop settling for a guy because he's easy on the eyes and says everything you want to hear....chances are, he doesn't mean any of it and would rather see you naked than see you untroubled. As I told my friend last night, the best person to love, is yourself. No one, is ever going to know you better than you do. No one is ever going to accept you more than you do. No one is ever going to love you, if you don't love yourself.
Also, about the art I posted in this entry, it's a painting I did last year in my painting class (go figure) and it's not perfect, AT ALL. It's actually quite terrible and not up to par. However I love it, I love the colors, I love the fact it's mortal kombat, I love the fact I made it and it is flawed, but great.
So all the women, girls, young ladies, etc out there, please don't compromise because you don't wanna be alone, because being alone is a whole hell of a lot better than crying and hanging out with Ben&Jerry, while you pet your cat and watch chick flicks. YOU ARE ABOVE THAT. You are above all the men who do not see you for the great person you truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelby Kirchoff