Monday, April 19, 2010

Just a thought...

So often people say the word happy, or other variations of the word. People use it so loosely, as if they know what it is for sure. I do not know about everyone else, so I won't speak for them, however, I can speak on my own behalf and say it doesn't exist. Not trying to be miserable or like emotional. I just do not believe true happiness it out there, I have experienced moments of happiness, but then again everyone has. There is not one person, I think, in this world that is literally happy everyday. Which would only mean there are such things as moments of happiness, rather than a life of happiness. Most people may argue this point, but when it comes down to it, in a perfect world maybe everything works out for everyone, all the time. Seeing as we live in the real world, this is not even a fraction of the actual case. You may be happy now, this day or this hour, this week. It could even carry over for several months, but it will and does come tumbling down, and it's out of your control and then you're back to square one. We think if something isn't cutting the potential we thought it was, we throw it out, get rid of it at any cost. Sometimes we have to do this with people or whatever the situation might be, we don't want to, but it's more of a process type deal. I guess the moral of every situation, well usually the ones where you try to prove yourself or someone else wrong; is that you can't rely on people, places, or things to make you happy. It's a hard thing to do, because off the top of my head I can think of the things that make me happy and most are either things or people, so how do we find true happiness when we cannot rely on the things we want to make us happy anymore? I'm not sure, but then again is anyone? Can true happiness really come from inside, or can enough bad things happen to make it impossible to find happiness from anything but others? I don't know much anymore, I feel out of my comfort zone daily, with people everywhere, even people I already know or have known for years. I dove into the great unknown and lost myself while falling. I feel like a time traveler, I'm always looking for somewhere new to lay my head, someone new to take interest in, something new to teach me a thing or two. Then I realize most everything is the same just with a different look to it. It's the truth, the disappointing truth, which is also the same reason we find ourselves down and doubting ourselves, the disappointing truth. I know my limits now, I know my convictions were right and well justified, I know now that the mindset I have is going to stick with me till the day I die. Tip for the day: Never lose your morals or convictions, they mean more than anything you could give them up for.

PS; I'm sure I won't be posting much in here anymore, especially not drawings. I have no time for a life outside of my work, so I apologize in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelby Kirchoff