Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Failure

Famous Failure


Today I checked my schooling, which is done online. I had a couple new emails, mostly from various teachers whom have graded my work and sent me "proficencies", but I had one from my head teacher or mentor as they call it. In the email was this video and a few kind words of congratulations from her.
If you actually check out the video you'll know what I'm talking about, if you don't...then just close this window now.
Failure is usually measured or defined by our mistakes and or regrets. However, as you saw in this video, if you have never been down the road of failure you will never be able to reach success. I think you have to have been to the extreme low to really appreciate when the simpliest things work out.
This video inspired me, mostly because I already can relate to it. I was told many a times I was going no where or that I wasn't "good enough" to do what I wanted to do and go the places I wanted to go. However because I will never settle, I have overcome and will continue to do so. I don't know how many times a week I say this to people, but never settle. I don't care if you never listen to another word that comes out of my mouth, or fingers rather. I urge you to take this one piece of advice and live by it; never, ever, in a million years should you settle for less than what you feel YOU deserve. That advice goes many ways, for many situations. Don't settle for a crap job just because you feel it's your only option. Don't settle for a significant other who truly isn't what you're looking for just because you feel you don't want to be alone. Don't settle for a career and educational path because it's what your parents want or what will make you the most income. We are measured by our flaws, our failures, our success, our goals and most importantly, by what we will and won't settle for. How do you measure up?

1 comment:

Shelby Kirchoff