Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Post Birthday

So, yesterday was my day O' birth, for those who don't already know. I am now 19, trust me, nothin' special happens when you get older each year. I still look like I should get the kid's menu everywhere I go, and an ID is a must because people still think I'm about 16. Hell, I still feel like I am 16 sometimes. Anyways, I had a good birthday, even though I didn't have any large parties nor did it turn out as I expected, but I'm happy about that. Everyone was very nice to me, sometimes I wish everyone could just pretend everyday was everyones birthday so we'd all constantly be nice to one another, but I guess thats what makes it such a special day. The fact that one day a year you get to be treated like the most important person to those around you, it's kind of a cool concept.
I was going to make this whole post about me, and how in the past two months I have made my life pretty much perfect, or at least to me. Sure there are some things I wish would change, but as of right now, this very moment, I couldn't be happier with everything I'm doing. I got accepted into the college I want to go to, I got a new job, which I already love. I have weeded through all my 'friends' and came out with an amazing best friend, and a select few that are just amazing friends even if I do not see them as often as I'd like. But surely, I am happy and it's weird to walk around everyday with a smile on my face and it's actually there because it is genuine and I am genuinely pleased with my life.
Enough about me and my accomplishments though, I just wanna say I am so thankful I have a family that even though they can't give me everything I want, and sometimes need, they try their best, especially my awesome parents. I'm glad I have parents whom all my life have supported me, no matter how stupid some of my previous decisions have been. I have a best friend who I believe sometimes puts my well being before her own, and doesn't care how much money I have, but would rather hang with me because we truly have the best times ever when we're together. Hey and sometimes I feel like we might as well be dating HAHA but really we're just that close and I love it. I even have friends that even though I don't see them daily, or even weekly, when I do see them they care so much about me still and vice versa. I am just truly grateful for all the wonderful people in my life, now I finally realize what its like when older people say; it's better to have a few close friends than a million acquaintances. And it is nice, because I could care less about what everyone else is doing, or going out and partying, like all that is great if you can truly cope with the fact your life has little to no purpose or direction. But to have direction and purpose and still have people in the same boat as you supporting and loving you constantly...it feels so much better.

The only thing I did not get for my birthday that would have made it ten times better is, birthday wishes from my Grandma and Linds. This is the only thing that sucks about birthdays and getting older, you lose some of those people you love so much and even though I am happy, I would be happier to just hear them say Happy Birthday. I love and miss them both, but thats okay because I know wherever they are, they are just as happy as I am and missing myself and everyone just as much as they are missed. So to end this post, Instead of putting some picture of me NOT lookin 19 in here, I'll put some lovely pictures of these lovely girls<3

P.s. Cherish what you have, even if it's not a lot, it's still more than you came into this world with;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelby Kirchoff